The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect from 25 th May 2018.
Malleny Angling Ltd (MA) would like to make you aware of how we use and protect your data.
This notice applies to any personal data we receive from you to create details relevant to your membership of Malleny Angling Association (MA). We, our or us, means MA.
The type of data we collect and use to identify you
This is information you or your representative give to us.
- Full name, address, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers
- Online payment details, permit payments by bank transfer
- In some instances, contact details of spouse/partner or next of kin.
Providing your personal data
You must provide your personal data as listed above. If we require additional information we will contact you.
Accuracy of information is the responsibility of the individual member and must be updated as required, giving any changes to the secretary of MA.
The member must inform the secretary of any legal judgements against the individual that are conditional of membership in the MA constitution.
How long we will retain your personal information will vary. The retention of the information will be determined by various criteria. We will not normally retain your personal information if you cease to become a member.
Day permit details will only be retained until annual financial accounts are audited and approved.
MA will NOT
- share your personal data with a third party outwith the membership of MA unless approval has been obtained from the member or permit holder.
- retain any financial information.
Please note there may be some circumstances where we are legally required to release your personal data.
Noting that these rights do not apply in all circumstances.
Some of the rights under the new data protection law are not listed below as they do not apply to your personal information held by MA.
You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the Data Protection Regulator, the Information Commissioner, or by searching their webpage at https://ico.org.uk
The right to:
- be informed about processing of your data outwith general record keeping.
- have your personal data corrected if inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- have your personal data erased if no longer a member.
- request access to your personal data.
- obtain information regarding the processing of your data and access to the personal data we hold about you.
- request that we restrict the processing of your information.
- object to the direct processing of your information for marketing purposes.
- lodge a complaint if you think that your rights have been infringed.
- if applicable, object to automated decision-making, including profiling.
MA will always attempt to fully comply with any statutory requirements.
Please note there may be circumstances where you object to our processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
Secretary Malleny Angling Association