I am pleased to inform you that fishing at Harlaw Reservoir and the area of bank at Threipmuir controlled by Malleny Angling Ltd will open on the 29th May.
This has been a difficult time for all of us and in particular for those who may have lost a loved one or friend to COVID-19. My condolences to those who have incurred a loss.
The battle against COVID-19 is far from over and therefore restrictions still apply and must, for the good of all, be strictly maintained.
MA Ltd can only remain open for fishing if the guidelines are strictly followed by ALL, any deviation could result in a personal financial penalty or closure of our fishery.
Day Permits MUST be purchased in advance, as they are not available, as before at Harlaw. Fishing without a valid permit is illegal.
MA Ltd Guidelines:
- Do not fish if feeling unwell due to symptoms that may be related to COVID 19 or if you have been confirmed positive for the virus in the last 14 days.
- Do not fish if you have been tested for COVID 19 and awaiting a test result.
- Do not fish if anyone in your household is self-isolating due to suspected COVID 19 infection or is awaiting a test result for COVID 19.
- Strictly observe the Government guidelines on social distancing and personal hygiene.
- Keep a minimum distance of 5 metres from other anglers at all times whilst fishing.
- If in contact with other anglers or members of the public keep at least 2 metres apart, and where possible use a face mask.
- Drive to the fishery alone, unless with another member of family who lives with you and does not have symptoms of the virus.
- Wearing of a face mask while walking to or from your car to Harlaw or Threipmuir or when in contact with others, is recommended.
- Gates may require to be manually opened, therefore to avoid contamination, cleans hands thoroughly with alcohol-based handwash immediately after contact. Do not touch your nose, face or eyes before cleansing hands.
- Whilst protecting yourself, be mindful of contaminating others.
- Any new Government guidelines that exceed the recommendations will apply.
Both Harlaw and Threipmuir are now well stocked with hard-fighting trout.
Chairman, Malleny Angling Ltd